Aaron Hernandez's lawyer vows own death investigation

  • Aaron Hernandez's lawyer vows own death investigation

Aaron Hernandez's lawyer vows own death investigation

Hernandez, a former standout for Urban Meyer at the University of Florida, was selected by the New England Patriots in the 113th overall in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Hernandez was found dead Wednesday morning at Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Mass.


There have been a lot of reactions around the National Football League to Hernandez's death, and Murphy's suspicion might not be shared by many.

And Baez isn't the only one who doesn't believe that Hernandez would commit suicide.

In 2015, Aaron was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the 2013 shooting death of his friend, Odin Lloyd.

In an e-mail to the Boston Globe, New England Patriots spokesman Stacey James wrote that the team was aware of the death of their former player, "but I don't anticipate that we will be commenting today", he wrote. Now that Hernandez is dead from an apparent suicide, however, the state of MA will no longer deem him guilty of that crime. He had hung himself with a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reportedly spoke with one of Hernandez's former Patriots teammates who had his doubts upon hearing the news.

While serving the life sentence in a MA prison, double homicide charges were also brought against him for the 2012 murders of Daniel Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28. Aaron blew kisses and waved at the four-year-old as she waved back and cried.

Hernandez was found hanging in his cell at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Massachusetts at approximately 3.05 a.m., the department said in a statement. He says Hernandez would have been transferred to a mental health unit if there was any concern about his well-being. He was acquitted on Friday of a 2012 double homicide in Boston.

He was in a single cell, according to the Department of Corrections.

"Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez and he was transported to UMASS Leominster where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m.by a physician at the hospital", assistant-deputy commissioner of communications Christopher Fallon said in a statement.

He tried to block the cell door from the inside by jamming the door with various items, Mr Fallon said.